Cost per meal: $6.33
Total Cost: $19
Yield: 3 servings
Time: 20 min (10 active / 10 inactive)
Cut chicken into cubes before marinating in order to allow more permeation of marinade into the meat.
2 hours is long enough for meat to soak up flavors but poultry can marinate in a refrigerator for up to two days. Meal-prep this over the weekend and you’re golden.
Cumin and ground Cumin are not substitutable unless you want to somehow grind the cumin yourself.
- Container to marinade in
- Bamboo skewers
Ingredients: Kebabs / Marinade
- Chicken Breast, 2 pounds (approx. 2 breasts) cut to 1inch cubes
- Curry Powder, 3 tbsp.
- Cardamom, ½ tsp.
- Ground Cumin, 1 tsp.
- Garlic, 2 cloves diced or pressed
- Limes, 2 juiced
- Coconut milk, ½ can
Ingredients: Coconut Rice
- Jasmine rice, 1 cup
- Coconut milk, ½ can
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Cilantro for garnish
Preparation: Kebabs /Marinade
1. In a container with a lid combine Curry powder, Cardamom, ground Cumin, Lime juice, and ½ can of coconut milk and stir until homogenous.
2. Add cubed chicken to container and store in refrigerator. See note in “considerations” for optimal marinating times.
3. Skewer chicken and grill.
Preparation: Coconut Rice
1. In medium pot, boil 2 cups of water and add rice. After rice has cooked, pour the second ½ of the can of coconut milk into rice and stir, add shredded coconut if desired.
Matthaisson Linda Vista Chardonnay
Why you give a shit: Not your average cougar juice in story or in taste.
Location: Napa Valley, California. Linda Vista has until recently been historically significant but undervalued.
Producer information: Steve and Jill Matthaisson operate outside the contemporary frameworks of California wine production. The Linda Vista Chardonnay vineyard sits next to their family farm in Napa where efficiency and sustainability are paramount. Although they do not currently own the vineyard, which the Chardonnay grapes grow on, they are working around the bureaucratic barriers of entry by working a lease-to-own scenario that would allow them to create their own winery. For more information from the Matthaisson vineyard see here.
Production: Whole grape clusters are pressed and settled in a tank for 24 hours then aged in neutral oak barrels.
Grape: 100% Chardonnay
Notes: Complex and balanced with notes of apples, honey and melon.
- Drinkability – 10
- Accessibility – 8
- Quality – 10
- Cost – 5
- Sexiness – 10
- Total – 86